The Foundation for Homan Square strives to sustain an environment that helps students and families live their best lives through quality educational, recreational, healthcare and family support services, while instilling the desire to dream big and the skills to maximize success.
The success of Homan Square lies in its ability to concentrate local organizations, resources, and businesses all in an inclusive mixed-income community.
FHS supports the neighborhood through:
- Convening stakeholders to align in place-based initiatives.
- Collaborating with partners to share successes and challenges.
- Caring for the neighborhood through stewardship of community resources and facilities.
- Creating new opportunities for resident well-being and a thriving environment.
Despite the success of our Campus, continued investment is needed to support new development and investment in the broader North Lawndale and East Garfield Park community.
The Greater Homan Square Strategic Development Plan focuses on a shared vision for real estate development contributing to an income-inclusive, healthy community. This Plan aims to build upon the success of the Homan Square Campus by broadening focus to include an additional 2-3 blocks surrounding the Campus.
Strategic goals outlined in our Development Plan are a blueprint to:
- Explore opportunities for development within an expanded Homan Square footprint.
- Develop quality housing across a spectrum of affordability.
- Develop mixed-use and commercial projects that provide space for community programming and local businesses.
- Inspire investment in specific projects within the larger Plan.